To train employees to more effectively sell First Service’s products and services in order to meet the strategic objectives set forth by the credit union’s leadership team.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
50% - Conducts classroom sessions and on-the-job training in order to teach employees to more effectively sell First Service’s products and services.
20% - Creates curriculum for sales training and determines instructional methods, utilizing individual training, group instructions and demonstrations, and online training.
10% - Evaluates and assists management in the design of training manuals and related materials, training classes, and training procedures as needed.
10% - Tracks the progress of trainees through routine tests, observation, and feedback from supervisors; evaluates the effectiveness of the sales training and ensures all employees complete all training requirements.
5% - Completes required reports and documents; attends meetings as required; fills in as the backup for the Corporate Trainer as needed.
5% - Travel to other Branch sites as required. Performs other related duties as required.
1. To ensure that 75% or more of employees who have been through sales training are meeting their individual objectives six months following training.
2. To meet all training objectives and goals established for the year.
3. To maintain a basic understanding of Credit Union products, services, policies and procedures, as well an understanding of the Credit Union's mission.
4. To complete reports and records accurately and in a timely manner.
5. To relate any problems in training effectiveness to the supervisor, making recommendations to resolve them.
6. To provide friendly, professional and accurate service and support to all members and associates.
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience: Three years to five years of similar or related experience.
Education: Equivalent to a college degree (BS or BA in a relevant field).
Interpersonal Skills: A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work involves extensive personal contact with others and is usually of a personal or sensitive nature. Work may involve motivating, influencing or training others. Outside contacts become important and fostering sound relationships with other entities (companies and/or individuals) becomes necessary and often requires the ability to influence and/or sell ideas or services to others.
1. Must possess excellent communication skills.
2. Must understand and be able to demonstrate how to sell an idea or product/service.
3. Professionalism in appearance, dress, and attitude is a must.